Regular and Chaotic Dynamics (RCD) is an international journal publishing original research papers in dynamical systems theory and its applications. Rooted in the Moscow school of mathematics and mechanics, the journal successfully combines classical problems, modern mathematical techniques and breakthroughs in the field. Regular and Chaotic Dynamics welcomes papers that establish original results, characterized by rigorous mathematical settings and proofs, and that also address practical problems. In addition to research papers, the journal publishes review articles, historical and polemical essays, and translations of works by influential scientists of past centuries, previously unavailable in English. Along with regular issues, RCD also publishes special issues devoted to particular topics and events in the world of dynamical systems.
In this mathematics journal, special attention is given to:
- Nonlinear dynamical systems;
- Fluid dynamics, motion of solids in fluid, vortex dynamics, solid+vortex interaction;
- Figures of equilibrium, fluid and gaseos ellipsoids;
- Rigid body dynamics, tops;
- Nonholonomic mechanics, rolling disks, sports dynamics;
- Biological and artificial locomotion
- Dynamical systems with friction, impact theory, billiards; scientific toys, dynamical effects (the Euler disk, the tippe top, rattleback, etc);
- Classical and celestial mechanics, $n$-body problem, the Kepler problem, relative equilibria, periodic solutions, dynamics in curved spaces;
- Nonintegrability, chaotic systems, strange attractors;
- Exactly integrable nonlinear systems;
- Symmetries, Lie algebras and Hamiltonian formalism;
- Topological aspects of dynamics.
The journal does not publish papers written in a too abstract and formal mathematical style.
ISI Impact Factor for 2016 is 1,562.
Regular and Chaotic Dynamics (ISSN: 1560-3547 print version, ISSN: 1468-4845 electronic version) is published bimonthly plus two extra issues in December for a total of 8 issues by Pleiades Publishing, Ltd (IAPC "Nauka/Interperiodica"). The journal is distributed by Springer Science+Business Media and available online by subscription from SpringerLink.
Regular and Chaotic Dynamics is abstracted/indexed in the following databases: Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch), Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition, SCOPUS, INSPEC, Astrophysics Data System (ADS), Zentralblatt Math, Google Scholar, EBSCO, Academic OneFile, CSA Environmental Sciences, Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences, Gale, Mathematical Reviews, OCLC, SCImago, STMA-Z, Summon by ProQuest.
- 1, Universitetskaya str., Izhevsk, 426034, Russia
- +7 (3412) 500-295